Jacky Cupit Legends for Life 7th Annual Golf Tournament
We’re celebrating seven years of teeing up to help cancer survivors improve mobility, regain independence, restore hope and much more. It’s time again for our annual tournament benefiting Cancer Foundation For Life® and the Fitsteps for Life program. This year, it’s even bigger and better. We’re taking the tournament to a corporate level, and we hope you will join us!
Our goal is to double the amount we raise for patient services in Tyler. Your support provides exercise therapy for individuals who often need unique programming and equipment to restore strength and quality of life during and after cancer treatment. YOU will enhance cancer recovery and survival while promoting your business to a wide-range of area professionals who share the same commitment of helping others.
May we count on your support to make this a record breaking year? For every $1,000 donated, five cancer patients are provided a year of FitSteps from experts who understand the dynamics of their needs.
Here are a few tournament specifics:
- Our new name recognizes former PGA Tour winner Jacky Cupit whose support of FitSteps and our tournament began when his wife was recovering from cancer surgery. It also pays homage to those whose examples have inspired us, legends in their own right;
- We’ll kick off Sunday, May 19th with a mix and mingle dinner hosted by Dr. and Mrs. Thomas Lowery at Willow Brook Country Club. There, you’ll meet our PGA professionals, Jacky’s famous golfing friends, and hear some pretty entertaining stories. It will be a heartwarming evening made even more so by emcee and sports writer, Pat Wheeler;
- The morning of the 20th will begin at The Cascades with a golf clinic led by the PGA pros. Players will receive a golf shirt provided by BMW of Tyler and a shopping opportunity at registration;
- During lunch with the pros hosted by Fairway Ford, you’ll see firsthand the impact your contribution is making and understand our sincere gratitude for what you do;
- On the course, we’ve planned some very cool experiences unique to our tournament. As always, your golf cart sponsored by Don’s TV & Appliances will be loaded with plenty of R&K Distributors refreshments. The day is really yours to enjoy;
- The awards reception sponsored by Wagner Cadillac will conclude in the clubhouse with snacks, generous prizes and a chance drawing for a Boot Ranch golf weekend. Stick around ‘til the end for your team photo provided by Lifetouch and a sweet treat to get you home. The sweetest treat is knowing you’ve truly made a difference in someone’s life!
Even if you’re unable to join us on May 20th, our sincere wish is for you to partner with us. Your contribution, however much, will give someone hope, encouragement and strength. As a sponsor, you may acknowledge someone on your signage and in our tournament brochure.
We are stronger together. Together, we are stronger than cancer.