Cancer Foundation for Life®
To enhance the quality of life and survival for individuals living with cancer.
To incorporate individually tailored and supervised exercise programs as a standard of care in oncology practice.
Cancer Foundation For Life® is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization founded in Tyler, Texas, in 2001, by retired oncologist Gary T. Kimmel, M.D. Well-established leaders from the medical and business community comprise a board of directors who share his vision of enhancing cancer treatment through the incorporation of a structured, long-term exercise program.
Click here to Learn more about the activities and achievements of Cancer Foundation For Life®
Our Core Values
Cancer Foundation For life® operates on these core values:
- Commitment to providing service excellence to patients through FitSteps for Life®
- Universal accessibility to a standard-of-care model for incorporation of exercise in cancer treatment
- Continuous innovation of exercise program applications in cancer treatment
- Expansion of the FitSteps for Life® exercise program to serve the needs of as many cancer patients as possible
- Perpetual resource for research to influence the incorporation of exercise in cancer treatment