Volunteer Job Responsibilities
Position Title: Individual Volunteer/Group Volunteer
Clinical Manager/Volunteer Coordinator
Purpose of Position:
To support the stated mission of Cancer Foundation for Life® by assisting and/or performing day-to-day operations and to be a helpful and supportive presence for the patients of FitSteps. Volunteers are vital to the organization in order to maintain a high level of service to our patients.
- Attend brief orientation session.
- Consistently and punctually report to selected shift.
- Communicate regularly with assigned supervisor as to concerns, issues or ideas arising from the current assignment.
- Observe strict confidentiality at all times.
- Support, motivate and assist the patients in their exercise activities.
- Locate and file patient charts.
- Answer phone and make calls to patients regarding missed appointments (as assigned)
- Make photocopies and send faxes, as needed.
- Dress comfortably.
- Uphold program rules and policies.
- Perform other tasks as requested.
This is a long-term assignment. A minimum of three hours per week is suggested. Volunteer opportunities will be available Monday – Friday at many different locations around Dallas and East Texas. Times will vary.
Location of Volunteer Opportunities:
- Baylor Sammons Cancer Center, 3410 Worth St., Ste. 250, Dallas
- Cancer Institute of Dallas, 310 East Hwy. 67, Duncanville
- First Baptist Church, 425 South 9th St., Garland
- Baylor Scott & White Medical Center, 4708 Alliance Blvd., Plano
- Office/Exercise Center, 301 S. Sherman St., Ste. 113, Richardson
East Texas Area:
- Administrative Office, 218 N. College, Tyler
- Bullard Southern Baptist Church, 716 N. Houston St., Bullard
- First Baptist Church, 301 W. Ferguson, Tyler
- First Christian Church, 4202 S. Broadway, Tyler
- Christus Trinity Mother Frances, 3203 S. Main St., Lindale
- First Baptist Church, 210 Philip St., Jacksonville
- Texas Oncology, 910 E. Houston St. Ste. 100, Tyler